Monday, August 13, 2012

Crossfit WOD (on the road)

Crossfit Reston has this handy sheet of WODs for those people who want to keep up some Crossfit-like workouts on the road.  As I hardly ever travel, I only look at it when I can't get out of my house to the "box."  (Still seems strange not calling it a gym.)  But I'm at the beach for the week, and I'm not sure if the Crossfit at the Outerbanks is worth the drive.  Rather than take the time away from my family, I looked at the 35 WODs and chose this one for today:

Perform rounds of 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2- and then 1 reps of:

  • Burpees
  • Squats
  • Hand release push-ups
The countdown workouts always seem easy until you get to 7 and realize how far you have to go...!

Did it in 7:31.

I did this on the beach, while my kids were in the "foamy" state--in between awake and asleep--and other families were still out on the beach, fishing or walking their dogs or just hanging out.  I did it on a towel but that didn't keep the sand from getting all over my stomach and legs and hands and even my hair.  Not sure how that happened, but I'll probably be washing it out for a few days...

No comments:

Post a Comment