Friday, August 10, 2012

Long Run

W&OD.  12 miles.  1:43, turns out to 8:40ish minute miles.

No iPod today--wanted to make sure my head was on straight and I could push through.  I think I was one of the only on the trail without some sort of electronic device.  I can't use one in the Marine Corps so I am trying not to use one every long run.  On the W&OD I'm tempted to use one but usually run too quickly when I'm listening to fun music.  So it's just me, my thoughts and my footsteps out there.

I had to take Wednesday off as well as Thursday this week to prepare myself for a fun medical procedure that required me to fast and then make myself pretty dehydrated.  The second part of Thursday was spent recovering, taking a blessedly sweet nap in the afternoon and drinking more water than I thought my body could handle. I did all the right stuff and ran really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment