Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Speedplay

I got to sleep in today...until 5:30.  And I got to do speedwork outside rather than in my basement on my treadmill.  Both very good things.  I'm a lucky girl.  When I started it was still dark, the moon and a few stars out.  I was the only runner on the road.  Fun, fun, fun.  Temp was mid-70s, definitely 90%ish humidity.

Yasso 800s.  If you don't know what these are, click here to find out.  My goal for the Yasso 800 is 3:30.  I did 5 this morning--total of 5 1/2 or 6 miles--and I think I'll work my way up to 8.  The first was pretty easy and the next four were tough.

Here were my results:
3:18 (normal me...going out too fast)
3:40 (hmmm...slowed down to much)
3:40ish (where was the 1/2 mile marker??!  MIA...)
3:35 (close!  very close.)
3:31 (ended well...I like that).

Nice to have worked out--hard--and done by 6:36 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment