Saturday, July 21, 2012

Crossfit WOD


Teams of 2. Only 1 team member working at a time.
AMRAP in 12 minutes of:

  • 20 SDHP's (75#/55#)
  • 20 Push Jerks (115#/75#)

Every minute, both team members do five pull ups.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team names were famous pairs.  Our team name was Bert & Ernie...inspired by my fan club. my kids, who came to watch and support (with my husband).  

Five rounds + 13 reps.  55 pull-ups total.  Kipping was good and strong today.  My fifth pull-up the last few minutes was questionable, but...

Funny thing is that this WOD would have been much better if the weights had been as listed above.  But someone wrote on the white board 35# and 45# for women...not sure if that was the newcomer weights or what.  We did 35#, which felt strange and light--I kept running to look at the whiteboard to make sure that was right.  So my partner and I did SUPER light weight, but...she was new and it was still fun, and the pull-ups guaranteed a good workout.  55 of those and my arms will be feeling it tomorrow.  And WHEW I won't be too muscle-y because I didn't lift heavy.  God forbid a woman have too many muscles...

No comments:

Post a Comment