Saturday, July 28, 2012

Long Run

8 miles, Seneca.  1:12.  That's 9 minute miles on the dot.  Damn!  Right on the mark.

The main trail that I do is four miles, out and back.  So I did it twice.  I meant to run the same time, or aim to be faster the second time, but my head was too full of thoughts and I forgot to check my watch.

Because of scheduling purposes (darn it when life gets in the way of my running and training) I couldn't do 14 miles today, so I switched it up and will run that next week.

It was supposed to be bloody hot (best said in an accent I don't actually have); heat index near 100 or something.  I like the heat--I am someone who is constantly cold, constantly wearing a sweatshirt around our too-cold, a/c-pumped-up-too-high house--and I love to run in just a jog bra and shorts.  I was going to do the W&OD today but because it's hardly shaded, I opted for the well-known Seneca.  It was about 85 when I ran, but didn't feel too bad.  I was drenched by the time I stopped, though, and shamelessly took off my soaked jog bra and threw a shirt on before taking off to my next destination, where I changed from sweaty runner to sundress-wearing lady.  But I was happy to be a sweaty runner underneath.

That night I went to a Legwarmers concert with some of my girlfriends.  I yelled the words out as if I knew them (I'm horrible at remembering lyrics) and broke out some dance moves that have gathered too much dust.  I drank way too much and danced like a crazy person with them.  The night ended way too soon!  At 1 AM.  :)

In case you don't know me, I'm the second from the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment